Two-factor authentication (also known as two-factor authentication) provides a more secure login process because when you attempt to sign in, you'll have to provide a a single-use security code generated by a authenticator app or an SMS text message or via a phone call.
If you have Two-factor authentication enabled, you'll have to use a different authentication code every time you sign in, because an authentication code expires after it's used. You can choose to trust the computer or device, you do not have to enter it every time during a sign in.
Enabling Two-factor authentication in TeamsID
Two-factor authentication can be enabled only on the TeamsID web app.
- On top right, click on your profile picture (or initials if profile picture has not been setup) and select 'Security'. By default, you will see Two-factor authentication is 'Disabled'.
- 'Click to enable'
- Choose how you want to receive the special code you'll use to authenticate your account.
For SMS or Phone Call, please provide a phone number that can receive the SMS or phone call.
If you select authenticator as your option, you'll need to download an authenticator app to your mobile device. Recommended mobile devices on iOS, Android, Windows, or BlackBerry operating systems. The app will be able to scan QR codes and retrieve authentication data for you. Here are some recommended authenticator apps, you can follow the links to download and install them:
- Google Authenticator (Android/iPhone/BlackBerry)
- Authy (iOS/Android)
- Duo Mobile (Android/iPhone)
- Amazon AWS MFA (Android)
- Authenticator (Windows Phone 7)
Follow the on-screen instructions to setup your authenticator app with TeamsID Two-factor authentication.
Logging in with Two-step authentication
When two-step authentication is enabled, your login experience changes slightly. Sign in using any app - web, iOS or Android. A new screen opens requesting a Two-factor authentication security code.
If you have selected:
- SMS - You should receive SMS with the code
- Phone call - You should receive phone call with the code
- Authenticator app - Launch the authenticator app you had used to setup TeamsID Two-factor authentication. Enter the code that currently available
You can choose to trust the computer or device, you do not have to enter it every time during a sign in.
Disabling Two-factor authentication on your TeamsID account
Two-factor authentication can be disabled only on the TeamsID web app.
- On top right, click on your profile picture (or initials if profile picture has not been setup) and select 'Security'. You will see Two-factor authentication is 'Enabled'.
- 'Click to disable'
- You'll need to enter the code to authenticate your account to disable Two-factor authentication.